Last November 11, Katreena De Guia, a senior architecture student from MAPUA, and one of Kultura's (Iraya's get-together committee) organizers, gave the Iraya girls a step-by-step tutorial on the popular Korean make-up style: the Dewy.
The Dewy is also known as the "'No make-up' make-up look," because it only requires a few make-up tools, and the goal is to produce a radiant look. In the Philippines, it has become a go-to make-up style because it suits the country's warm and humid climate.
Before applying make-up, it is good to be aware of your skin type and allergies (if any), this way, you already know how your face reacts to certain make-up products and you are aware of which products and brands suit your skin.
After applying skincare (wash, exfoliate and moisturize), the Dewy look can be completed in 7 steps:
1. Apply primer as a base for the other make-up applications
2. Set the tone of your skin with foundation.
3. Add color to your cheeks with blush
4. Work on your eyebrows with eyebrow powder, gel or pencil.
5. Add eye shadow (for everyday use, light pink or beige is usually used).
6. Lips: Use a lip pencil and highlight it with lip tint
7. Your finishing touch: Apply translucent powder for that glow.
Any girl should have her make-up kit ready in her bag so that when the time calls for it (a big event, or even just a regular school day), she can quickly take out her make-up tools, apply the Dewy look, and she's radiant and good to go.
Leave a Reply.